Remote position. 10-15 hours per week, $20/hr.
Must be based and qualified to work in the United States.
We are seeking a creative and driven individual proficient in WordPress to collaborate with various teams to update images/dates/copy across multiple websites and further grow the digital reach, fundraising and recruitment efforts of Technovation.
This person will work under the Content Manager in the marketing department. They will serve as a key resource, improving web properties, offering insights, and giving data-driven feedback.
Technovation, a global tech education nonprofit, empowers girls and families to become leaders, creators, and problem-solvers. With support from corporate partners such as HSBC, Adobe, Google, Salesforce, Cisco, and NVIDIA, our programs have engaged and transformed the lives of more than 218,000 underserved youth and reached more than 50,000 industry mentors, educators, and parents in 120+ countries.
With the help of strong external communications agency partners, the marketing team has increased international media coverage (including NPR, the BBC, Quartz, and Forbes) secured speaking opportunities at sought after venues like the United Nations, SXSW EDU, UNESCO and Mobile World Congress, increased social engagement across several digital channels through strong visual storytelling, and significantly improved our SEO through strategic and engaging content.
- Work in WordPress to create and edit posts and pages, support re-classification of content, and manage media files
- Work on blogs (format and publish new posts; update/reformat older posts; adjust categories/tags)
- Research, extract and analyze required data from Google Analytics
- Additional tasks as assigned
- Concurrently enrolled in a University (minimum Junior year) pursuing a degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Marketing, or related field
- Experience in Adobe Photoshop Photoshop Illustrator, InDesign and/or CorelDraw
- Strong Communication (able to clearly communicate questions and comfortable receiving constructive feedback)
- Desire to learn fast, self-motivated and organized
- Experience in Google Suite
- Understanding of File Sharing Platforms (Google Drive, Dropbox)
- Time management and planning skills
Meaningful work. You’ll contribute directly to growing a movement, empowering girls and families to learn and use cutting-edge technologies to solve real-world problems impacting them in 100+ countries.
Autonomy. We don’t micromanage. We trust you to communicate clearly and discuss decisions with any people affected. In collaboration and negotiation with colleagues, you will be responsible for marketing & communication related decision-making.
Workplace input. We are open to adopting new workflows, new software, or other improvements that you think would increase our success, if you are able to champion and gain agreement for recommendations from colleagues.
Flexible work environment. We have core hours, but no one is looking over your shoulder. Go to appointments when you need to, as long as you are producing quality work on time.
We are an equal opportunity employer that values diversity among its applicant pool as well as within our staff, Board, and partners. We encourage applicants from all backgrounds to apply.
Submit your resume, portfolio and a cover letter (explaining your interest in this role and your web development/WordPress experience) to [email protected]