This is a full time, remote (within the United States) position.
Annual salary $90-100K depending on experience.
THE OPPORTUNITY: Senior Director of Marketing
We are seeking a strategic, creative, and driven individual with marketing and communications experience to develop, implement, and execute integrated marketing communications plans for Technovation. As Senior Director of Marketing, this individual will join and lead a 4-person team of marketers experienced in content marketing, social media, visual storytelling, and events to raise Technovation’s visibility and inspire more people to join and support its mission.
Technovation, a global tech education nonprofit, empowers girls and families to become leaders, creators, and problem-solvers. With support from corporate partners such as HSBC, Adobe, Google, Salesforce, Cisco, and NVIDIA, our programs have engaged and transformed the lives of more than 250,000 underserved youth and reached more than 50,000 industry mentors, educators, and parents in 100+ countries.
With the help of strong external communications agency partners, the marketing team has increased international media coverage (including NPR, the BBC, Quartz, and Forbes) secured speaking opportunities at sought after venues like the United Nations, SXSW EDU, UNESCO and Mobile World Congress, increased social engagement across several digital channels through strong visual storytelling, and significantly improved our SEO through strategic and engaging content.
- Lead our awesome marketing team
- Develop, refine, and implement an integrated marketing strategy for the organization
- Be an active contributor on the leadership team by ensuring transparency and upholding brand consistency across all external-facing communications spanning program, corporate engagement, fundraising and marketing channels
- Liaise with corporate partners and their communications teams; advocate for Technovation’s interests and communicate decisions/next steps across all internal/external stakeholders
- Collaborate across teams to ensure engaging materials are developed to support various teams’ goals while adhering to brand voice
- Support marketing team members by developing and reviewing marketing materials as needed
- Work across organization to support marketing-led grant deliverables and contribute to grant reports
- Manage integrated marketing communications strategy and campaigns including overall 2021 metrics; communicate any changes to the strategy to Leadership Team.
- Basic Google Analytics experience with interest in building skills or determining value/need for external support.
- 10-12 years of experience in marketing, with some experience in an agency setting.
- Passionate about improving educational experiences and outcomes for underserved youth and adults around the world
- Skilled at creatively solving problems under real-world constraints.
- Adept at identifying the right success metrics and tracking success against them.
- Exceptional organization skills for sharing and transferring information effectively across a remote team
- Comfortable with uncertainty and chaos — especially in a post-COVID19 environment
- Inclusivity-conscious: mindful of diverse people and perspectives, organizations, communities, and cultures
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks across their team
Meaningful work. You’ll contribute directly to growing a movement, empowering girls and families to learn and use cutting-edge technologies to solve real-world problems impacting them in 100+ countries.
Autonomy. We don’t micromanage. We trust you to communicate clearly and discuss decisions with any people affected. In collaboration and negotiation with colleagues, you will be responsible for marketing & communication related decision-making.
Generous benefits and compensation. We offer 20 paid vacation days plus all federal holidays, including the week between Christmas & New Year. We pay 100% of your healthcare premiums, including vision and dental.
Workplace input. We are open to adopting new workflows, new software, or other improvements that you think would increase our success, if you are able to champion and gain agreement for recommendations from colleagues.
Flexible work environment. We have core hours, but no one is looking over your shoulder. Go to appointments when you need to, as long as you are producing quality work on time.
We are an equal opportunity employer that values diversity among its applicant pool as well as within our staff, Board, and partners. We encourage applicants from all backgrounds to apply.