Program Evaluation, Senior Specialist
Salary range $70-80K
Technovation is the world’s largest technology entrepreneurship program for girls.
Our mission is to empower girls, especially those from underrepresented communities, to develop problem solving skills, self-efficacy, and financial capacity, critical to them becoming leaders and changemakers in their communities. Through Technovation, girls work in teams supported by mentors to develop mobile & AI based solutions to problems in their communities. Over the past 15 years we have engaged ~350,000 participants across 120+ countries.
About this Opportunity
Technovation is seeking a Program Evaluation Senior Specialist with experience using quantitative and qualitative data to improve educational programs, articulate the programs’ impact, and secure funding. The Senior Specialist will provide technical evaluation support that enables Technovation to understand and align our work to achieve our goal of empowering girls to be leaders and problem solvers.
The Senior Specialist will be part of the Program Team and will be responsible for conducting all phases of program evaluations including:
- Preparing analysis plans
- Conducting data collection and analyzing the information
- Communicating and reporting on the analysis process as well as final results
- Suggesting possible program improvements based on the data
- Researching changes to the data collection and evaluation methods
The ideal candidate is passionate about our mission to empower girls to create technology solutions for problems they identify in their community. This is a chance to be a part of a leading education technology nonprofit, in service to tens of thousands of girls and families in more than 100 countries. We believe that with the right learning opportunities and support, everyone has the ability to learn and become technology creators.
- Design the methodological components of project evaluations to address priority research questions
- Design and refine program data collection processes to align with evaluation strategy and support equitable and effective decision-making (NOTE: some of these processes may be ad-hoc based on country or department needs)
- Collect program data for each planned evaluation project
- Clean, update, reconcile, and analyze raw data as needed using methodologies such as descriptive and inferential statistics (e.g., t-tests, chi-square, linear regression, logistic regression, etc).
- Work with the Operations team to create data organization and storage systems and manage data archiving
- Share the results of the analyses with appropriate internal teams
- Make recommendations for program improvements based on data and goals
- Coordinate with third-party program evaluators as necessary
- Bonus: Maintain and create accessible data summaries and/or dashboards to provide key program metrics across aggregated and disaggregated groups (e.g., by region, program type, program level, content area, etc) to internal teams
Ideal Candidate Skills
We are looking for the following skills. We recognize that people with program evaluation experience may specialize in different aspects of evaluation, and we encourage you to apply even if you do not have every skill on this list.
- More than 3 years of experience with data collection, management, and analysis with priority for familiarity with quantitative data
- Familiar with adhering to data archiving and data privacy best practices. Some of our data is provided by minors and data security is key.
- Ability to communicate data analysis process and findings as appropriate for various audiences (i.e. high level overview, detailed discussions, etc)
- Ability to create charts, graphs, and other data visualizations. We do not expect you to be a graphic designer, but we would appreciate someone with experience including a visual component when presenting data.
- Alignment with our mission to support girls in developing technical and problem solving skills and experience with nonprofit or education sector
- Detail-oriented and confident in prioritizing tasks
- Able to face large quantities of (somewhat) unorganized data with curiosity rather than concern!
- Able to run a Measurement System Analysis
To apply, please fill out this application form. Note that the screening task will take an estimated 5 hours of work or potentially more. Applicants who include a thorough response to the screening task will be compensated for their time.