Remote Location (Must be in United States)
Technovation is a global engineering and technology education nonprofit that supports people across the United States and worldwide to solve problems in their community using technology tools. For the past 13 years, Technovation has engaged more than 100,000 underserved children and parents across 115+ countries through our two flagship programs – Technovation Girls and Technovation Families.
Are you interested in engaging a virtual community and building resources that enable our educational experiences?This could be your next big challenge!
- Do you have the skills to deepen Technovation’s outreach and online alumni community engagement?
- Are you passionate about creating opportunities for youth in science, engineering, technology and entrepreneurship?
- Are you interested in providing in person event and online support for our global community?
As a Program Coordinator, you will manage different initiatives that maintain the high quality of our programs. You can expect ~50% of your time to be spent supporting our student + alumni community and 50% leading and collaborating with team members on other projects.
Student and alumni community engagement tasks will include:
- Further developing programs to engage Technovation Girls students and alumni from across 100+ countries
- Manage grant deliverables related to alumni for our corporate funders
- Lead student communication during the Technovation Girls program
- Manage the TechnovationStudent Ambassador program including email communication, webinars, collecting and reviewing monthly reports and stories. Track performance of Student Ambassadors and share updates for grant reports
- Manage the Technovation Alumni site including sending student invites, researching professional opportunities, internships and scholarships sharing it with our alumni community
Other tasks will include (but can change throughout program season):
- Participant and leader support through our Zendesk portal
- Creating resources that can be used by program leaders and participants, supporting other team members as they manage different initiatives
- Reviewing program data, researching and developing new engagement initiatives
- Supporting events and pitching in as needed to help team members leading our online competition framework
Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree or combination of education and relevant experience
- 2-3 years experience in project (or program) management
- Track record of building and maintaining relationships with community organizations or schools
- Experience working as a teacher or directly with youth is preferred
- Experience with facilitating workshops and/or trainings is preferred
- Ability to work with diverse people, organizations, communities, and cultures
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment with a small and virtual team
- Excitement for learning new things and adapting educational initiatives
- ~5-10% travel
Compensation: Competitive Salary with Benefits
To apply, please email a PDF of the following materials to [email protected]:
- A cover letter expressing your interest in the position
- Your resume>
- Screening Task: Please provide a 1 page(or less) case study of a project or program you’ve led. Include your best practices, difficulties and key statistics.