Full time, remote position, must be eligible to work in the US
Competitive salary and benefits
We are seeking a creative and driven individual with strong writing skills and the willingness to learn and grow insocial media marketing, web and content development, and other marketing efforts. This individual will join a 4-person team of marketers experienced in content (especially web content), social media, visual storytelling, and events to raise Technovation’s visibility and inspire more people to join and support its mission.
Technovation, a global tech education nonprofit, empowers girls and families to become leaders, creators, and problem-solvers. With support from corporate partners such as Adobe, Google, Salesforce, Boeing, Cisco, and NVIDIA, our programs have engaged and transformed the lives of more than 140,000 underserved youth and families and reached more than 19,000 volunteer mentors in100+ countries.
- Draft social media posts for review in accordance with the social media calendar and deliverables
- Draft social media posts for review for designated program kits
- Engage with social media posts for each channel
- Schedule/publish social media posts on scheduling platform
- Supportsmall edits and updates to websites (familiarity with WordPress and basic HTML/CSS is a plus)
- Support writing and uploading blog posts
- Support newsletters & email communications to students, parents, and mentors participating in Technovation programs
- Miscellaneous marketing and communications tasks as needed
- 1-2 years of professional experience in marketing, social media, communications, public relations, and/or writing
- OR a bachelor’s degree in marketing/communications/English/media/psychology or a related field
- Strong writing ability
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks
- Adaptability + willingness to learn
- Organized, good attention to detail
- Comfortable in a very fast-paced, remote and dynamic work environment
- Must be comfortable working with diverse people and perspectives, organizations, communities, and cultures
- Preferred, but not required:
- 1-2 years of professional social media experience
- Knowledge of WordPress/CMS management
- Knowledge of Mailchimp
Meaningful work. You’ll contribute directly to growing a movement, empowering girls and families to learn and use cutting-edge technologies to solve real-world problems impacting them in 100+ countries.
Generous benefits and compensation. We offer 20 paid vacation days plus all federal holidays, including the week between Dec. 24 and Jan 1. We pay 100% of your healthcare premiums including vision and dental. Retirement plan options available after one year.
Flexible work environment. We have core hours, but no one is looking over your shoulder. Go to appointments when you need to, as long as you’re getting your work done in good quality and on time.
Technovation is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity among its applicant pool as well as within our staff, Board, and partners. We encourage applicants from all backgrounds to apply.
Please note that we plan to start interviewing applicants in late August.
Submit your resume, cover letter, and completed screening task (see below) to [email protected]
- Draft three tweets: One to announce our partnership with UNESCO, one to promote one of our blog posts (see our Blog for options), and one to promote this video.
Please send the drafted tweets in a document.
- Draft a short blurb for a newsletter announcing that we’re running a series of workshops for parents about supporting their children in remote learning environments this coming fall/winter.
Please send the blurb in a document.
- Draft one Instagram Story promoting registration for the 2021 season of Technovation Girls using one of the images from this folder.
Note:It is fine to create this on the Instagram app or with design software. Please send your Instagram Story as a .png, .jpeg, or .mp4.
About our screening tasks:
As part of every application, we ask applicants to complete a screening task. The task is intended to give you a sense of the work you’ll be doing if you join our team and to give us a sense of your writing and style.
The screening task is solely for screening and interview purposes – we will not use any materials you develop.