Development & Communications
Full-Time; Remote (within the United States)
Salary range for this position is $60K-70K
Technovation (technovation.org) is a global tech education nonprofit that empowers girls and families to become leaders, creators and problem-solvers. Over the past 15 years, Technovation has engaged more than 300,000 children, parents, and volunteers across 120+ countries. Our program, Technovation Girls equips young women (ages 8-18) to become tech entrepreneurs and leaders. With the support of volunteer mentors, girls work in teams to code mobile apps that address real-world problems. You may have seen Technovation featured in the award-winning documentary, CodeGirl.
Our mission is to empower girls and their families to use cutting edge technologies to solve real-world problems in their communities.
About this opportunity
Technovation is seeking a Development & Communications Manager to support the Director of Fund Development in creating compelling content for potential and current funders. Through exemplary grant writing, communications and marketing writing, the Manager will be responsible for clearly articulating Technovation’s brand and value and impact to a variety of funder audiences.
The majority of Technovation’s funds come from corporate partners, who we also work with to recruit thousands of volunteers to support our Technovation Girls program in local communities across the globe. Our fundraising team has identified a strong list of prospective funders and is looking for a new team member to help proactively cultivate new prospects in order to achieve our mission. The ideal candidate for this position will be able to craft compelling cases for funding, strong proposals, effective grant and impact reports, presentation slides, and templates for cold email outreach that clearly describe our mission to various audiences in compelling ways.
- Creation of presentations and writing of content tailored to a variety of potential funders.
- Support the creation of foundation and corporate grant proposals and reports.
- Manage multiple writing products simultaneously and articulate Technovation’s value to a number of different industries in the form of both written pieces and visual presentations.
- Draft thought leadership pieces that align with our mission, as well as impact reports, that can be used to increase brand awareness of Technovation and generate inbound interest for supporting our cause.
- Craft email pitches to new prospects.
- Work with the marketing team to design and send regular email communications to donors;
The Ideal Candidate:
- Strong mission alignment to Technovation
- Is a collaborative worker who is comfortable taking an iterative approach to writing
- Manage multiple project deadlines simultaneously & strong project management skills
- Is able to work in a fast-paced environment with a small and virtual team.
- Has a basic understanding of fundraising, marketing, and communications principles in the context of the nonprofit sector.
- A minimum of three (3) years experience in grant writing or marketing content writing for a mission-driven organization; experience in drafting grant proposals and reports strongly preferred.
- Is able to understand the needs and interests of our corporate partners in order to describe Technovation’s value in the most compelling way for each.
Meaningful work. You’ll contribute directly to growing a movement, empowering girls and families to learn and use cutting-edge technologies to solve real-world problems impacting them in 100+ countries.
Autonomy. In collaboration and negotiation with staff, you will make high level decisions about the work you will do, and how you will execute it. We don’t micromanage here. Just communicate clearly and discuss decisions with any people affected by it.
Generous benefits and compensation. We offer 20 paid vacation days plus all federal holidays. We pay 100% of your healthcare coverage. Salary commensurate with experience and market rates.
Workplace input. We are open to adopting new workflows, new software, or other improvements that you think would increase our success, if you are able to champion and gain agreement for recommendations from colleagues.
Flexible work environment. We have core hours, but no one is looking over your shoulder. Go to appointments when you need to, as long as you’re getting your work done in good quality and on time.
We are an equal opportunity employer that values diversity among its applicant pool as well as within our staff, Board, and partners. We encourage applicants from all backgrounds to apply.
- Your resume, including a link to your LinkedIn profile
- A cover letter expressing why you want to work for Technovation, why you want this role, and why you have the skills that it will take to succeed in this role.
- Screening task: At Technovation, we often use events and the stories of our girls to show our impact to prospective funders. Please watch this youtube video of our 2021 Senior Division Finalists pitching their apps to judges, and craft an email to a prospective corporate funder that summarizes these pitches (communicates the energy, excitement, and impact) and would make the prospect interested in learning more about Technovation.
You can upload your email as a Word Document or PDF through the google form linked above.