Full-Time; Remote; Must be based and qualified to work in the United States. [Estimated salary range: $120,000 – 140,000]
A once in a lifetime opportunity
To be part of a unique organization (Technovation) and set of global partners, at a unique time in the world – working to double the number of women technology leaders, innovators and entrepreneurs in the world and thereby accelerate sustainable development.
Technovation is the world’s largest technology-entrepreneurship program for girls. We recently created a very ambitious strategic plan to leverage our lessons learned from 17 years of programming and our global network of partners to make a significant dent in increasing the number of women in positions of influence, power and leadership – most notably in technology. Our goal is to empower and engage 25 million girls in technology entrepreneurship programs over the next coming years.
Last year Technovation was chosen among the top 3% of 4,000+ global applicants to be featured as a “proven and ready-to-scale solution” for the United Nations Development Programme’s [UNDP] Digital X Solutions Catalogue.
About this opportunity
We are looking for a Chief Development Officer who will report to the CEO. Primary duties and responsibilities include:
- Develop and implement an innovative and effective fundraising strategy aligned with the organization’s strategic plan
- Donor Cultivation and Relationship Management
- Grant Writing and Proposals: Oversee the process of researching, writing, and submitting grant proposals to secure funding from foundations, government agencies, and other grant-making entities. Ensure that proposals are well-crafted, accurate, and aligned with the organization’s mission
- Collaboration with Programs
- Collaborate with the marketing and events team to plan and execute fundraising events
- Team Management
- Board Engagement
- Leading major gifts and capital campaigns
- Evaluating fundraising effectiveness, analyzing and reporting on this data to improve operations
The Ideal Candidate:
- 10+ years of fundraising/business development/sales experience and proven record of successful revenue generation (working with organizational budgets >$5M)
- Dedicated to our mission
- Experience leading a large capital campaign
- Experience working closely with programs
- Proven track record of leading fundraising strategy at an organization that has scaled significantly
- Exceptional interpersonal skills with experience working in highly matrixed, global organizations
- Be able to travel
How to apply:
Following review of the responses to the above questions, we will invite interested candidates to interview with members of the fundraising and leadership team; the CEO and select board members across 4-5 interview rounds. You may be asked to prepare to present a deeper strategic response to a select challenge during the final rounds.
This is a full-time position with a salary ranging from $120-$140,000. Our benefits include:
- 20 vacation days in addition to all federal holidays and sick time
- A paid organization wide week-long shutdown at the end of the year
- 100% cost coverage of medical, dental, and vision costs for employees and a portion of the cost for partners and dependents
- Life-insurance coverage
- 401k program with an organization match after two years
- Option to participate in FSA and DCA pre-tax programs
- Tenure bonus plan
- Remote work with core work hours and flexible scheduling
Our work environment also prioritizes these features that align with our core values:
Ownership. We follow a MOCHA process that clearly outlines responsibilities on a project. You will make high-level decisions about the work you do and how you will execute it. We focus on including everyone’s voices, not micromanaging.
Integrity. We emphasize transparency, honesty, and data in all our work and decision making. We review projects regularly, admit when we need to make changes, and use data to confirm when it’s time to try something new.
Equity. We value getting your work done in good quality and on time. We have core hours but start and end times are flexible in order to support what’s going on in your life, and you’re welcome to go to appointments and run errands as needed. We continue to work on promoting principles of diversity, equity, and inclusion throughout the organization.
Curiosity. We’re a small team and much of our work includes cross-team collaboration. That collaboration succeeds due to communication, organization, and curiosity as we encourage each other to learn and grow.
Innovation. You’ll contribute directly to an organization that provides technology education to students from underserved areas in 100+ countries, all while helping to address the underrepresentation of women in STEM fields. Have an idea of how we can do this better? Let us know! We prioritize input from our team.