Brand Officer &
Full time, remote position. Must be based and qualified to work in the United States.
We are looking for a mission-aligned, creative, and strategic leader who will work to strengthen Technovation’s brand, tell our amazing Technovation girls’ stories to the world, help us implement our next strategic plan and build our brand from one that is currently niche to a global one.
Technovation is the world’s largest technology entrepreneurship program for girls.
Our mission is to empower girls to be leaders and changemakers in their communities by equipping them with problem solving skills, self-efficacy, and financial capacity. We have a particular focus on girls from underrepresented communities.
Through Technovation, girls work in teams supported by mentors to develop mobile & AI based solutions to problems in their communities. Over the past 15 years we have engaged ~350,000 participants across 120+ countries.
Recently, we conducted a longitudinal study with early alumnae and were thrilled to find the long-term, durable impact of Technovation on young women’s higher education and career choices. 76% of alumnae are pursuing STEM degrees (WestEd, 2020), 60% of alumnae are working in STEM careers and 60% of alumnae credit Technovation for their career choice & increasing their self-efficacy.
Technovation’s Strategic Plan
We are working on a strategic plan that will emphasize growing our program to impact a much larger number of girls. We will focus on helping girls develop their problem solving skills, self-efficacy, and financial capacity and provide them with the long-term support they need to become leaders and changemakers in their communities.
Building a strong brand, raising awareness about our approach and impact, and showcasing our alumnae as leaders in their communities and countries will be key strategies to engaging more girls.
Here is a video of our CEO talking about why we need to empower many more girls with cutting-edge technology and entrepreneurial skills so that we can accelerate towards sustainable development and a world where all people and the planet can thrive.
What the work will be:
- Strengthen Technovation’s brand (improve message consistency, translate brand elements into external strategies, help shape and communicate our vision) to meet Technovation’s strategic goals.
- Create and lead the execution of multi-channel marketing campaigns from start to finish, coordinating tasks and expectations across all teams. These campaigns will need to be customized for local markets in key countries.
- Work closely with and support program teams to recruit and retain more participants and volunteers by raising awareness about Technovation.
- Build trust and camaraderie with a virtual team of warm, friendly, talented, diverse individuals that come together because they care deeply about the mission.
- Manage a team of four individuals with the expectation that we plan to grow our team significantly in the next two years
- Be an active contributor to a leadership team that works to strengthen the organization and support the full team to implement the org’s strategic vision.
- Working with the Technovation’s board of directors, to leverage their strengths and interests to help the organization achieve its mission.
Success at the end of the first strategic Horizon (2022-2024) would be that the Technovation brand is prominent and well-respected in 10+ countries where we will be engaging more girls, and that Technovation becomes a familiar brand throughout education circles in the United States.
- Passionate about Technovation’s mission
- Creative storyteller
- Experience developing and implementing successful awareness campaigns at a global scale
- 12-15 years of experience in brand, marketing, and communications
- Ability to thrive in a tech-based, global nonprofit planning for expansion in the next two to three years
- Humble, empathetic leader who is comfortable filling in and contributing in many different areas based on the needs of the organization
Meaningful work. You’ll contribute directly to growing a movement, empowering girls and families to learn and use cutting-edge technologies to solve real-world problems impacting them in 100+ countries.
Autonomy. We don’t micromanage. We trust you to communicate clearly and discuss decisions with any people affected. In collaboration and negotiation with colleagues, you will be responsible for marketing & communication related decision-making.
Generous benefits and compensation. We offer 20 paid vacation days plus all federal holidays including the week between Christmas & New year. We pay 100% of your healthcare premiums including vision and dental. Retirement plan options available after 1-year, with employer matching after 2-year vesting period.
Workplace input. We are open to adopting new workflows, new software, or other improvements that you think would increase our success, if you are able to champion and gain agreement for recommendations from colleagues.
Flexible work environment. We have core hours, but no one is looking over your shoulder. Go to appointments when you need to, as long as you’re getting your work done in good quality and on time.
We are an equal opportunity employer that values diversity among its applicant pool as well as within our staff, Board, and partners. We encourage applicants from all backgrounds to apply.
- Submit a cover letter and resume to [email protected]
- Create a 3 min video that convinces us that you care about our mission. Share the link in this form.
- We will invite you to a series of interviews with a few members from the leadership team, marketing team, and the CEO.
- You will be invited to give an executive presentation to certain board members and the leadership team explaining how you would implement Technovation’s strategic plan.