Full time, remote position. [Salary Range: US candidates $55,000-60,000, or equivalent based on country residence. Preference given to Technovation alumnae candidates with university degrees!]
Technovation is the world’s largest technology entrepreneurship program for girls.
Our mission is to empower girls to be leaders and changemakers in their communities by equipping them with problem solving skills, self-efficacy, and financial capacity. Through Technovation, girls around the world work in teams supported by mentors to develop mobile & AI based solutions to problems in their communities. Over the past 16 years we have engaged ~350,000 participants across 120+ countries.
We are looking for a strategic, innovative and detail-oriented individual with good project management and communications skills to support all Technovation Alumnae marketing and communications activities, including overall support of alumnae programming. This person will report to the Alumnae Program Director and act as the liaison between the Marketing and Alumnae teams. The person in this role will collaborate with staff across the organization to support and promote alumnae through marketing and communications efforts. This position is ideal for an energetic self-starter with great written and verbal communication skills, as well as experience working closely with youth and young adults to support their leadership and soft skills development.
The ideal candidate is passionate about our mission to empower girls to create technology solutions for problems they identify in their community. This is a chance to be a part of a leading education technology nonprofit, in service to tens of thousands of girls and families in more than 100 countries. We believe that with the right learning opportunities and support, everyone has the ability to learn and become technology creators.
Areas of Responsibility:
Marketing & Communications
- Source and manage relationships with alumnae from a wide range of backgrounds, with the goal of connecting alumnae to internal and external opportunities to share their stories and Technovation experiences
- Build and manage a cross-team database for alumnae relations and opportunities
- Identify, research, and produce Alumnae stories & highlights
- Prepare alumnae for public speaking opportunities, interviews, and editorial features
- Research development, leadership and scholarship opportunities for Alumnae
- Write and send monthly Alumnae newsletters on the Mailchimp Marketing Email platform, to a global audience of approximately 50k Alumnae
- Regularly audit and report on Mailchimp audience members, to ensure the contact information is kept up-to-date and compliant with our privacy standards
- Support the creation of alumnae program marketing materials
- Manage and develop the Alumnae LinkedIn Group community
- Launches and manage pool of official Alumnae speakers
- Support workshops and learning sessions for Technovation Alumnae
- Support newly launched Regional Career Hubs and Leadership Board activities
- Support Student Ambassador Program via storytelling and speaking opportunities
- Supports creation of new pilot programs as needed
- Responsible for tracking Alumnae engagement and other metrics (Mailchimp engagement, LinkedIn group statistics, alumnae speaker engagement statistics)
- Support with CRM activities and/or other data collection as needed
- Organized, with an attention to detail
- Time management and planning skills
- Comfortable working completely independently remotely
- Comfortable using web tools like Google Suite, Mailchimp and/or able to learn new tools easily
- Strong communication skills with the ability to communicate clearly with team members
- Ability to learn quickly, be self-motivated, and be proactive in finding answers on one’s own as needed
- Excellent writing and speaking skills
- Experience working with youth and young adults
- Passionate about Technovation’s mission
Meaningful work. You’ll contribute directly to growing a movement, empowering girls and families to learn and use cutting-edge technologies to solve real-world problems impacting them in 100+ countries.
Autonomy. We don’t micromanage. We trust you to communicate clearly and discuss decisions with any people affected. In collaboration and negotiation with colleagues, you will be responsible for alumnae marketing & communication related decision-making.
Generous benefits and compensation. We offer 20 paid vacation days plus all federal holidays if based in the US, organization-wide closure between Christmas Eve and New Years Day and ,72 hours of sick time. We pay 100% of your healthcare coverage, including vision and dental. Retirement plan options available after 1-year, with employer matching after 2-year vesting period.
Workplace input. We are open to adopting new workflows, new software, or other improvements that you think would increase our success, if you are able to champion and gain agreement for recommendations from colleagues.
Flexible work environment. We have core hours, but no one is looking over your shoulder. Go to appointments when you need to, as long as you’re getting your work done in good quality and on time.
We are an equal opportunity employer that values diversity among its applicant pool as well as within our staff, Board, and partners. We encourage applicants from all backgrounds to apply.
Please fill out our application form at this link: Alumnae Marketing Coordinator
Applications will be considered on a rolling basis.